Sunday 5 May 2013

Neglected blog, aniversaries & the most beautiful village in France

6th May? Really? Bugger, it's been exactly 2 months since my last post! Call myself a writer?

The truth is work has burnt me out these last two months. End of term exams to set and mark, reports to write up and then a new academy/school to get ready. Writing, even that has taken a back seat of late.
Voted the Most Beautiful Village in France (for a reason)

The good news is my new book cover is almost ready. Professionally designed, it'll replace my humble effort on End of the Road. (No, I can't show you the cover just yet...) Whilst book 2 in The Rozzers series is complete I am taking a break from it (because I'm sick of it!!!). I will do one more rewrite later in the year and get it published.

My major task at the moment is importing a 50,000+ word #wip called Filthy into Scrivener. It's been fully imported and I'm busy editing it up to my current standards. (It was written several years ago when I thought that we used [ ' ] in place of speech marks [ " ].) With Scrivener, I should be able to get this baby finished.

My aim is to prep the thing for a month-long blast at finishing it. My wife is away for the month of August and whilst I have a few classes I expect the best part of each day to be spent working away on it. It's a challenge I am setting myself and only after this will I go back to The Rozzers.

Oh, and it has been exactly one year since I published End of the Road. Yikes, time to get a move on.

In the meantime, I found the most beautiful village in all of France. I'll have to go back there soon...

2 comments:

  1. There you are! :) I really enjoyed the photos from your trip to France. That village reminds me of something out of a fairy tale. I hope to make it to both France and the UK before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

    Life gets in the way of our passions sometimes. I am actually glad to know I am not the only one who gets too busy to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica

      Yes, you must do both! When you do, let me know and I'll make some recommendations for you. We could even meet up for a drink!

      That village was as amazing as it looks in the photos - I so want to go back there soon...

      Life takes up all my life (if you see what I mean?), especially with the new school just weeks away from opening. I think this summer will be very busy for me as we transfer over to it but Paula is away for 4 weeks so I aim to get as much of FILTHY completed as is possible.

      And, I am eagerly awaiting my new book cover.

      Hope all is well with you?
      x

      Delete

Thank you!