Friday 9 March 2012

Lifetime Goals - my progress so far

2000ft over Cambridge, England
About 10 years ago I set myself 5 specific goals that I would like to complete within my lifetime. I don't know why I felt the need to do this, maybe it was middle-age?

However, this is the list...

  1. To become a pilot (of aeroplanes)
  2. To learn another language
  3. To obtain a martial art Black Belt
  4. To learn to play guitar
  5. To have a book published
To date, I have achieved the following...
  1. achieved
  2. 40% achieved 
  3. 90% achieved
  4. totally bombed (time-wise, something had to give! #theresalwaysretirement)
  5. I am very, very close to achieving this
How about you? Ever set yourself lifetime goals? If not, why don't you do it now?

2 comments:

  1. Wandering around cyberspace instead of finishing editing...

    Lifetime goals? Is that anything like the "Bucket List"?

    Wrote down fifty things I wanted to do before kicking the bucket, lost the list, and now E-D-I-T-ing.

    Congrats on slaying that dragon (publishing). Stick with it and you will soon be a knight in shining armour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucinda. Yes, I guess it is a Bucket List, although I have never used that term before (not common here in Spain).
      You wrote down 50 things to do!! That's ambitious, I came up with a do-able 5.

      Maybe you should recall the 5 most important goals and write them down again, but don't interrupt the editing of course!

      I intend to stick with this writing/publishing lark, it is so me. I'm polishing up the armour as we speak!

      Thanks for popping by and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you!